Scoring is used for mechanical pre-separation of circuit boards. A V-shaped breaking line is formed in the circuit board with a precision cutting tool. Please observe the following rules:
- The circuit boards spacing in the layout is 0.0mm
- Scoring lines must be straight; horizontal and vertical lines are possible, and always run from circuit board outer edge to circuit board outer edge
- For stability, we recommend using scoring only above a minimum circuit board thickness of 1mm
- For PCBs thinner than 1mm (down to min. 0.8mm) we offer onesided scoring
* The scoring displacement P may alter the size of the circuit board up to 0.3mm.
Example scoring diagram
Note: In addition to a circuit board contour within a panel, the panel contours themselves may also be scored.